Saturday, March 26, 2016


Dear Readers,

A week ago i paid a visite to Andreas Panagopoulos (a.k.a. Kaiser Bill) and had long - splendid talk about miniatures painting  and wargaming surounded by his beautiful collection of miniatures and uniforms.
Andreas was kind enough to give me some static grass turfs he makes for some local shops to test them on my bases.
Although i was thinking of using them on my late war Germans on the way home i desided that they were better suited for a "mediteranean" themed base. Luckily two of the figures i had taken with me for Adreas to see where unfinished Mycenaen Warriors from Foundry so what a better excuse to have them finished.

And here is the first one:

 photo 20160325_202803-1.jpg

 photo 20160325_202935-1.jpg

 photo 20160325_202835-1.jpg

 photo 20160325_202747-1.jpg

 photo 20160325_202853-1.jpg

As for this figure:

The sword blade was replaced by hand made metal one made from some left over realy thick photoeched frames ( from the construction of a ship) since i found that the original one was too fragile.
The shield was also hand made from plasticard ( since i had only the figure with me) .
For the N.M.M. Bronze i was inspired by the illustrations of the Late Agnus McBride and Jose Daniel Cabrera Pena.
The colors i used are:
822 German black brown
921 English uniform
814 Green ochre
858 Ice yellow
Black and White
All Vallejo Model Color

Finally the Turfs

I had never used turfs in the past so i dont have any experience with other manufacturers but i have to say that the turfs Andreas makes are perfect, not only for display bases but and espesialy for wargaming ones. These turfs are extremely tough and i expect them to withstand any gaming - transportation hardness.

Thats all for now



Monday, March 21, 2016

Tiger I (Part 2)

Done a little more research on the "last Tiger in Berlin" and found out that this particular vehicle was build around March or April 1943.
The second picture in my previous post  shows what i believe to be TWO holder  for the spear track links on the loaders turret side. Plasing it in late April acording to Jentz and Doyle:
This ment that i had to do more work in order to have a late April build Tiger, especialy on the engine deck.

Started with the rear ventilation screens, from early April 43 these changed from two differt (cast as mirror-images) to two of the same ( left side screen).
Another change was the new triangular plate (on the middle plate of the engine compartment) instead of the screwed one.

 photo 20160315_153454-1.jpg

 photo 20160315_155040-1.jpg

As i was checking for the correct angles for the mountings of the Fiefel filters i managed to break the dumn thing so desided to improve them too. Now i have to fill the gups with some putty.

Finally i finiched the exhausts by plasing the uper covers and made the base for the track tool box from aluminum foil.

 photo 20160316_141832-1.jpg

Next time i will have finished the hull modifications and move to the turet (hopefully) but in between i will try to finish painting two figures of another era that i have unfinished for so long.