Saturday, July 21, 2007

WIP Fallschrimjager Squad Part Four

This time I have painted the remaining trousers, bandoliers, knee protection and bread bag in Luftwaffe blue grey, the gasmask bag in a more greenish light olive grey, the belts and Y straps in light red brown leather and the canteen felt cover in red brown the uncovered helmets and everything that should be painted in Field Grey I also have tried to take photos with more light in order to better see the LW Splinter Camouflage.
It has been two weeks since I’ve started this unit and I think that it starts to look like Ronald’s Volstad illustrations of German Fallschrimjagers at Crete from witch I has inspired, don’t you think?

The colors I have used for the Lw Splinter cammo are all Vallejo Model Colors

Field Color
a) German Field Grey
b) Khaki
c) Ivory

Brown Pattern
a) German Cam. Black Brown
b) Flat Brown
c) Desert Yellow

Green Pattern
a) German Cam Dark Green
b) Dessert Yellow





Cheers

George

2 comments:

Faust23 said...

Looks great George. I really like your camo. I'm currently working on 13 FJ in splinter, but am not as far along the process as you are.

Check out my page. I'm adding your's to my links.

http://4sparta.blogspot.com/

Keep up the great work.

Faust

Unknown said...

Your Splinter camo is really perfect! Excellent Work!